Dryer for biomass raw materials
A new test facility for drying biomass raw materials will be built at VTT in 2007. Different drying methods and their combinations will be tested in the facility.
The drying method,which will use solar energy, will first be applied to year round industrial fuel production, although it will have a wider application potential in biorefinery concepts.
Feedstocks to be used
- Bark, sawdust, logging residues, agricultural residues
- Sludge from forest industry, fuel peat
- Drying chamber, drying temperature 10 - 120?C
- Heat production unit (incl. also solar heating system)
- Air circulation system
- Condensing drying, heat recovery
Chief Research Scientist
Tel. +358 20 722 2677