Novel fixed-bed gasification pilot plant with catalytic gas cleaning
In the late 1990s, VTT and Condens Oy developed a novel fixed-bed gasifier based on forced fuel flow and updraft gasification technology. Gas cracking takes place in the upper part of the reactor. The capacity of the process is most suitable for the range of 1 - 15 MW.
- Temperature: 600 - 1000 degrees Celcius
- Fuel capacity: 600 kW
- Gas cleaning: catalytic reformer, filter, scrubber and gas boiler
A wide range of feedstocks have been tested, including:
- Wood chips, sod peat, forest residues and bark (moisture up to 58%)
- Residues from plywood industry, wood shavings and sawdust
- Residues from furniture industry
- RDF, sewage sludges and demolition wood
The NOVEL gasification technology is licensed to Condens Oy.
Tel. +358 20 722 5596
Senior Research Scientist
Tel. +358 20 722 5461